Store home movies on Apple TV 3

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by dantesrevenge, Nov 11, 2015.

1. dantesrevenge macrumors newbie

Can home movies be stored on the newest Apple TV? My work setup of iPod with movie shared to Apple TV 2 to projector isn't awful but, when this is part of a display in an art gallery, it would be nice to not deal with the extra part (the iPod).

2. 2010mini macrumors 68040

No. the Apple TV, Since the ATV 2, has been streaming only. the storage on the new ATV is meant for Apps only.

3. ajiuo macrumors 65816

The ATV 4 is actually the newest one... And no you can't. It's a lot more likely to be jailbroken than the ATV 3... But still, there isn't a lot of storage for that kind of thing

4. ajiuo macrumors 65816

There are a few apps in the app store that can play movies off of NAS.

5. dantesrevenge thread starter macrumors newbie

Darn it. Okay, we will continue with our current setup. Thanks to all who replied.

6. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

There could be an app in the future that can download from NAS/DLNA server.

AcePlayer does that on my iPhone.

7. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I have home movies taken with my iPhone uploaded to iCloud which you can stream to the Apple TV. That is my plan. But there are already a number of Apps for storing them on your network in multiple ways.

8. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

crazy Apple Store person/sales rep told me you CAN load movies to it, that way you can travel to non-WiFi area and still watch.
    I didn't press the issue, i wasn't interested in the ATV4 after playing with it a little.