Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eneisch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
I ordered a 10.5 iPad Pro LTE with 512GB of storage. Since it is my first Pro i also order the keyboard and pencil.

Surprised people went with SG, don't finger prints show up easier? No one ordered silver?
I ordered space gray mainly because I prefer the black bezel.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I like the black bezel when watching movies better though (especially in the dark).
I've owned both white and black bezels. I find that black helps my eyes see colors more accurately... when viewing videos, working on graphics, as well as browsing the web. The white seems to wash things out. I also don't like the black edge between the white bezel and the active part of the screen. It isn't noticeable with black bezels.

macnoob00

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2015
Brooklyn, NY
Ordered 10.5 space gray 64GB can't wait coming from a Air2, I don't really know if there'll be a big difference but I'm excited.

WinterWolf90

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2014
It looks wonderful, but I hate the price. I feel like it is now iPad, and iPad pro. I have the air 2, so the iPad 2017 is a step back in some areas other than the processor. i may hold out until next update.

Rck1984

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2017
The Netherlands
A lot of Space Grey purchases!

I've always had Space Grey models also, but I went with a 10.5 inch Gold, 256GB this time.
Also bought a Apple Pencil and white Smart Cover with it.

Almost a 1000 euro together. I hope it's going to be worth it :)

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
512 Cellular 10.5 SG. To me the "Gold" fad is kind of passé now, especially with the Jet Black / Matte Black iPhone 7.

nutriousmitten

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2017
Do you have a link to the spec page? I can't find it.
The previous Pros had it.

Space Gray, though a matte black would've been great, or at least something else with a front black bezel.
Only debate is the LTE modem or not. I would assume 3gb ram, but is suspect we will know when the first products get out there and get torn down.

All in all, worthy upgrade over the 9.7 and glad I waited.

Same thickness, and a few fractions taller and wider (though if picking details, I wish it just got taller,not wider) An even better screen on paper, keeps the speakers, IPhone 7 (basically) camera. Double storage. In Canada we got a $70 price bump, but worth it for the upgrades, and the IPP never got the discounted sales here at BB like it did at BB in the States, so it's if this ends up being s couple hundred more.

And, the IOS, again on paper, looks to turn this much closer to a MacBook-lite as far as laptop functionality, so while the keyboard isn't a day 1 purchase, it's no longer seems like the tacked on accessory for any tablets, as it's been (having owned a Asus Transformer back about 5 years back) to this point.

callea

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2011
Italy
10.5 Silver 256gb LTE for me.
Delivery 13 June but I hope a pickup in store option before.

nutriousmitten

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2017
10.5 Silver 256gb LTE for me.
Delivery 13 June but I hope a pickup in store option before.
Agreed on the store option hopefully popping up over the next few days, to have it sooner than later. Have to figure stores are getting it by the weekend if consumers can get them in about a week.

McPaul

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2006
Vancouver
I was at work all day doing work type things. It was the first thing I did when I got home

I got a 256 gb 10.5 in space Grey. Wish they had matte black but they're probably saving that for the new 12.9. Only place color matters is on the front oh well, I'm happy. My iPad air 2 met with a tile floor a few months ago and my Nexus 7 is just not cutting it.

The wait has been difficult.

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
I went with white too! Switching from black ;-), White looks more Apple like then the black colors

I don't believe that at all. While Apple is known for its signature white, the iPad and iPhone both originated in black. The first generation iPad remains an absolute masterpiece of design both inside and out. Weight and thickness aside, it's still a beautiful product. No corners were cut and everything was meticulously thought out. The designers chose black for a reason. I think of white as a color for more causal products like the iPod and white MacBook. Black is appropriate for high end devices. It's a classic through and through. The new Pro will be amazing no matter what color, but I'm just arguing my case for black.

Reactions: Aibocyrus

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC
2224x1668

I've ordered a 512gb 10.5" Cellular Space Grey :)

And a Smart Keyboard, which I'll return if I discover old one works with new one.

Any word yet on the 9.7 Smart Keyboard working with 10.5?

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
I am ditching both my Air 2 and current 12.9" iPP for the new 10.5" IPP. I think it'll finally be "right-sized" and easier to manage as a portable device. The 12.9" can get unwieldy.

The iPad should arrive 6/13, but the Smart Keyboard is arriving tomorrow I believe.

Reactions: millydog
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.