Store opening soon - applecare

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ajo, Sep 16, 2008.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

An Apple store is opening where I live soon.

I am thinking now about getting Apple Care as my year is almost up, does this mean that I can take my imac to the new store for any problems and I can get it fixed for free, under Apple Care?

Is Apple Care worth it in the long run?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

You can take it into the store and get warranty service done for free as long as you have AppleCare or the item is still under warranty. Keep in mind that if they have to do a major repair, it could take a couple of days.

I've always thought that AppleCare is worth it but it all depends on your perspective. I like having the piece of mind in event something happens. Others feel like it is a ripoff.

3. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

IMO Applecare or any additional warranty is needed for a laptop.

4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

+1. I agree with this.

But you have an iMac, which is different. At the same time, today's iMac use laptop components. For me, it's still worth the piece of mind. But only you can determine if the money is worth it to you.

Also, you can sometimes find AppleCare on eBay for prices better than what Apple offers.

5. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

How does doing this work, buying off someone else on ebay or amazon.

Is there a date that it has to be registerd by, which is why they can sell it on without being used?