Store pick up dates for my rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rodrigoluizb, Feb 7, 2014.

1. rodrigoluizb, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014

rodrigoluizb macrumors member

Hey guys

Just bought my rMBP, the 2nd BTO model but with 16gb of RAM. I chose for store pick up and it will be available on feb 10th. My problem is that i wll be able to pick up my mac only on feb 17th. I would like to know how many days apple keeps my order at the retail store. FYI, it will be at fifth avenue store in NYC.

2. Domdog31 macrumors regular

wouldn't hurt to call them would it? instead of taking someones word here, I wouldn't trust anyone but the apple store employees. If its paid for I don't see them selling your laptop in a week.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd say call them, and state your case, I think most places would be reasonable bout it and hold it for you.

4. rodrigoluizb thread starter macrumors member

Actually is gonna hurt my wallet. I live in Brazil and a international call is quite expensive. I would like to know from somebody who went through the same situation as me. But if i don't get an answer, i'll have to call then.

5. rodrigoluizb thread starter macrumors member

Just sent an email directly to fifth avenue store and they did what i want: they'll hold my macbook until feb 20 :)

6. klause10 macrumors newbie

30 days is standard but i was told up to 90 days by apple customer service if you Call Them and ask for it

7. Joelist macrumors member

The people at the Apple Stores are pretty cool. Generally unless the request is ridiculous they help you out.