Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
I won't be able to afford pre-ordering the iPad for Store Pickup until next Tuesday or Wednesday. Since the Apple Stores will have stock for people who didn't pre-order, should I be fine pre-ordering two or three days before release?

eclipseblur954

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011
No body can tell, I do know if you want a popular model preorders wont last long. apple stores will only have a certain amount of product for preorders, and a certain amount of stock for non pre orders, once room for pre orders fill up the timing will change.
Although you wont be charged until your device ships, so you could alway preorder on tuesday, and if its not available for pick up on launch you could try going the non pre order route if you have the time, if you get lucky you get cancel your reservation.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
I'm picking mine up at a store because i'm traveling out of state.

How does it work exactly? Are there going to be two lines or something, one hopefully that is quick, for those who have it reserved?

Maybe it was a mistake ordering it this way, as it always is a mess with scalpers and such.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
I won't be able to afford pre-ordering the iPad for Store Pickup until next Tuesday or Wednesday. Since the Apple Stores will have stock for people who didn't pre-order, should I be fine pre-ordering two or three days before release?

I doubt that you will be able to pre-order that late and pick up on launch day. Pre-order delivery dates are already starting to slip to 3/19 in some cases. I think a couple more days and you won't be able to get it delivered or pick on 3/16. But who knows for sure. This is certainly going to be super hot item, but obviously Apple planned pretty well this time, but still...

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
I'm wondering how well Apple did do in planning this. I'm fearing the possibility that what I had been told by my local Apple Store (the number available to purchase on release date is small) will be correct and I waste hours waiting only to come up short handed. Plus I am not looking forward to being outside in the chilly rain for a few hours

falcora

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2011
I was assured by Apple that preordering for In store pickup guarantees your iPad. All you need to do is walk in at some point next Friday and show your I'd and they will give it to you. No need to stand in line or anything.

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
I was assured by Apple that preordering for In store pickup guarantees your iPad. All you need to do is walk in at some point next Friday and show your I'd and they will give it to you. No need to stand in line or anything.

I won't be able to pre-order for store pickup because I'll be a little short of $$ until Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

Zonacidal

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
Best Buy looks like they will be selling the new iPad. You can pre-order it and pick it up at the store. Now the question, will they have Targus cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.