Carrier Store Pick-up Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SnowLeopard2008, Sep 23, 2014.

1. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

My situation is kind of complicated right now. I canceled my 6 Plus pre-order with AT&T and placed an order for store pick-up. I used my mother's credit card (with her permission of course). Not a spoiled brat, I already spent most of my own money buying iPhones for my family already (Mom too tech-not savvy and Dad out of country) and I'm tapped out for my own iPhone. Will Apple Store ask to see the original card when I go there to pick up? I don't have it (obviously) and I'm definitely not the card holder. Also, my father (account holder) added me as an authorized user but on the order processed page, I don't see my name under "Who can pick up" section. I logged onto AT&T and it says I am an authorized user, so that should be good right?

I don't need to see any posts about how I shouldn't have spent all my money and had to use my Mom's credit card. I just don't keep THAT much in my checking account for my debit card.

2. Appleloves22 macrumors 6502

Appleloves22

They will ask for id. And the only person that can pick up is listed. Good luck!

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

They checked my ID twice when I did in-store pick up. One was for the pick up, I think the second was to renew the ATT contract.

Oh, and get your own money slacker!!!! ;)

4. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

The page that had only my father's name listed also had a disclaimer saying other people might be able to pick up and to check with the specific carrier. In my haste, I didn't read that part. I'm an authorized user on the account so I was good to go. Playing with my new toy right now! Thanks!

Haha ;)