Store Pickup Pre-order - Change to pay full retail when arrive @ Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dsa420, Sep 12, 2014.

1. dsa420 macrumors 6502

Currently I have 2 lines on VZW only which one was eligible for an upgrade. I needed to order 2 phones so I added a new line or service to my account through the apple site.

When I go in to pick up the phone(s) from Apple, can I tell that I want to pay full retail for the 1 phone and to cancel the new line? They allow you to buy the phone at full retail in the Apple store just not during this pre-order period so it would make sense that they would allow this...

2. dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502

Looks like I have gathered some info from trolling the multiple posts, it seems :

"The phone that you reserved is linked to that account only with the conditions that you selected: upgrade, plan selection. If you go to the store, they will not allow you to change the conditions of it or the account you're buying it for. You will have to cancel it and they cannot put the phone immediately back in their stock until it is reconciled by someone in the back. You will have to buy from their current available stock"

I am cool with this scenario that they put one of my phones back into stock and I cant have access to it. The Question becomes will they let me choose from available stock essentially cutting the people who have been standing in line over night?

3. dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502

I am starting to think that its a your mileage may very scenario depending on who is helping you.

4. dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502