Store Pickup vs. Waiting in line

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TWO2SEVEN, Sep 21, 2014.

1. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I decided to go ahead and upgrade today. I got to my local store around 11:25, they open at 12. The line was probably about 75 people long. While waiting in line is used the Apple Store App to order a 64gb 6 in white for in store pickup. I went home to eat lunch and watch football. Around 1:00 I got the email that it was ready to pick up. There was no line for pick up, but still a line of about thirty walk in customers. After I checked out I saw a guy who was about 20 ahead of me in the morning line just getting to talk to some one.

TL, DR: order online for store pickup instead of waiting in line.

2. Glene macrumors 6502

Went for a pick up sat morn, line of sbout 30 people, so I ask them in line if this was the pick up line, and they said no and I went to the front of the line with my paperwork and they let me right in
    10 minutes later I was walking out with the phone

3. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

A lot of people in the other line looked unhappy :)

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Yeah, I have no idea WTF takes them so long to get through people.

Those using NEXT (and presumably EDGE) are unable to order online. It's terrible. :(

5. Mahler12x macrumors regular

Mahler12x

Considering there's no stock of the 6+ anywhere in Northern California according to Apple.com, has anyone been able to get one by standing in line first thing in the AM?