store preference

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cobaltchroma, Feb 5, 2009.

1. cobaltchroma macrumors regular

cobaltchroma

should i buy my iphone at an AT&T store or an Apple Store?
    both are fairly close,
    but my dad is also creating a new account/contract because we're leaving verizon.

anyways,
    what are the pros and cons to buying it at each store?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

It doesn't matter, you can do everything at both. It'd probably be more fun to do at an Apple Store, but faster and easier to do at an AT&T store.

3. efice32 macrumors 6502

If you're setting up a new account with AT&T I'd probably do it in an AT&T store. The Apple store can certainly do it too, but that's essentially the only reason the AT&T store is there so they're better at it and faster.

4. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

If you are very busy, order online

If you have the time, go to the store and get it. You can feel it, ask questions, and other things.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

AT&T would port your numbers over, but it's still going to be a wait of some sort. There's nothing like shopping at an Apple Store for anything. AT&T is your best bet for setting up service for your family plan...

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I was at the mall last night with my roomate who was porting her number over from Verizon. I went out and got my Anniversary/Valentine's Day shopping done while she stood there for almost an hour and a half. This was at the AT&T store. I don't think it's supposed to take that long because they ended up waiving her activation fees because of the wait. Would've been much more bearable had it been in the Apple store...

7. rednano74 macrumors member

I left Verizon two weekends ago myself for the iPhone. I wanted to travel 45 minutes to the Apple store simply for the experience but those stores are always so damn crowded. I ended up going to my local AT&T store 10 minutes away. I walked in and out in less than 45 minutes with my 16GB white iPhone. It can take up to 3 hours for a number to completely port over (it actually took mine just an additional 30 minutes after I walked out of the store). DO NOT use your phone immediately...charge the iPhone all the way first and then keep it charged for 2 hours before using. Then run it all the way down before recharging. There is a sticky in these boards somewhere about how to calibrate your battery.

Note: if you are porting your Verizon number over, make sure you have your Verizon account # with password along with how your name exactly appears on the Verizon account.