store still up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tflournoy95, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tflournoy95 macrumors 6502

well the apple store is still up and its Tuesday the 16th. is this an indication of no new mbps yet or am i just up to early?

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Waaaaaaay to early. If it goes down, I wouldn't be surprised if it is around nine or ten PST.

3. TheStigger macrumors newbie

TheStigger

I have no real experience of updates but from reading the threads last week it can go down from a variety of times on a Tuesday. Last weeks downtime was 11:30 gmt but i dont think that necessarily means its the same time today. You may be right, i may be wrong.

4. leleframingham macrumors newbie

5. dndandrea macrumors 6502

like i said in the other thread, it'll be a couple of months before we see an update. you guys have it all wrong. 8 month cycles are easy to break if it's not needed. obviously the "old/(current)" macbook pros are still selling great right now and we've seen no sign of a new macbook pro being released anytime soon except that there's been an 8 month cycle.

6. JaZzMaN251 macrumors regular

JaZzMaN251

New SKU's
    Geekbench
    Low/No Stock at Best Buy and some Apple Resellers
    6,1 and 6,2 in 10.6.2 build

I guess there are some signs, don't you think?

It would be strange that Apple suddenly doesn't upgrade their MBP line anymore in the usual cycle...

7. PeckhamBog macrumors 6502

PeckhamBog

On October the 20th, when the iMacs were released, the NZ store went down around 2:12PM British Summer Time. The rest of the world then followed. So theoretically, chill for a couple of hours, yeah?:cool:

8. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Not to mention that Intel announced their new processor line-up in January, with the competition jumping all over them and the last sales number we have for Apple laptops are from Q4 09, so for the holiday period ending in December.

Seriously, updates are coming in the following weeks, not months.

9. sml12 macrumors newbie

they cannot 'sell great' if stocks are now pretty much zero in many stores.

i dont understand what they are going to sell.

10. Nicken macrumors member

Nicken

I checked this a while back and in the past when there have been silent upgrades to products (no press event) the store has usually gone done between 6-7AM US Eastern Time and back online two hours later.

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/02/26/apple-releases-penryn-based-macbook-pros-with-multitouch/

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/03/03/apple-introduces-new-mac-pro-with-nehalem-xeon-processors/

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/03/03...s-mac-minis-airport-extreme-and-time-capsule/

The exception was the iMacs released last october. That release occured about noon US Eastern Time.

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/10/20...mac-models-with-21-5-and-27-inch-led-screens/

I don´t think we will se any updates today, but no one would be happier than me if i was wrong.

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Jeez, guys give it up. Apple will release it when they release it. Checking the apple store first thing tuesday morning borders on the obsessive

12. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Simply visiting a forums about Mac rumors borders on the obsessive, what did you expect to find here exactly ?

Most normal people don't care about the rumors around Apple and its products, they just use them.

13. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Erm, no it doesn't.
    Basically, going by history and tradition, we alway's get a leak from a reputable source or from a manufacturer or supplier of the product in question the day before or hours before the launch. So far we have had none of these.
    As said they will not be launched today. March 2nd is best guess.

14. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Why do you say no when you agree with the poster you are replying to ? Don't forget he was replying to someone claiming there won't be updates for a few months.

People, try to follow the context of the posts before replying willy-nilly.

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

16. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

I think you need to re-read yout post pal, I have no clue what you are on about. Don't jump in making statements when you show you don't understand the posts I have made.

My reply was pretty clear and not to you.

17. pellebee macrumors member

hmm really funny you say this when this site is called MAC RUMORS!

theyre rumors, people obsess, gossip, etc... Its the same as tmz and other gossip sites except a bit more nerdy and cool :)

18. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Exactly and that's my point :p

19. hackum macrumors regular

Didn't someone say that when Monday is a holiday the updates happen on Wednesday rather than Tuesday?

20. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's also the point of when a day ends in Y, apple defers to the following day :eek:

21. npep macrumors member

nothing to see here...time to get ready for work!

22. anjonjp macrumors member

Update Highly Unlikely (IMO)

The Japanese Apple Homepage is still displaying the current lineup of the MacBook Pros as 'New MacBook PRO Family'. I would expect that they would have removed the word 'new' well in advance of any update if there was one to happen. Sorry if this disappoints... :eek:

23. JaZzMaN251 macrumors regular

JaZzMaN251

Let's see...

MondaY, TuesdaY, WednesdaY, ThursdaY, FridaY, SaturdaY, SundaY...

TodaY... damn!

... TomorroW (whohoo!)

It's tomorrow! :D

24. hackum macrumors regular

Chances are very slim for today. I am already convinced the laptops will get updated after the iPad release.

25. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

haha :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.