store still up

Status
Not open for further replies.

tflournoy95

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2009
well the apple store is still up and its Tuesday the 16th. is this an indication of no new mbps yet or am i just up to early?

TheStigger

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2010
I have no real experience of updates but from reading the threads last week it can go down from a variety of times on a Tuesday. Last weeks downtime was 11:30 gmt but i dont think that necessarily means its the same time today. You may be right, i may be wrong.

dndandrea

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2010
like i said in the other thread, it'll be a couple of months before we see an update. you guys have it all wrong. 8 month cycles are easy to break if it's not needed. obviously the "old/(current)" macbook pros are still selling great right now and we've seen no sign of a new macbook pro being released anytime soon except that there's been an 8 month cycle.

JaZzMaN251

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2009
Apple Order Status page
... and we've seen no sign of a new macbook pro being released anytime soon except that there's been an 8 month cycle.
New SKU's
Geekbench
Low/No Stock at Best Buy and some Apple Resellers
6,1 and 6,2 in 10.6.2 build

I guess there are some signs, don't you think?

It would be strange that Apple suddenly doesn't upgrade their MBP line anymore in the usual cycle...

PeckhamBog

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2007
London
On October the 20th, when the iMacs were released, the NZ store went down around 2:12PM British Summer Time. The rest of the world then followed. So theoretically, chill for a couple of hours, yeah?:cool:

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Not to mention that Intel announced their new processor line-up in January, with the competition jumping all over them and the last sales number we have for Apple laptops are from Q4 09, so for the holiday period ending in December.

Seriously, updates are coming in the following weeks, not months.

sml12

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2010
like i said in the other thread, it'll be a couple of months before we see an update. you guys have it all wrong. 8 month cycles are easy to break if it's not needed. obviously the "old/(current)" macbook pros are still selling great right now and we've seen no sign of a new macbook pro being released anytime soon except that there's been an 8 month cycle.
they cannot 'sell great' if stocks are now pretty much zero in many stores.

i dont understand what they are going to sell.

Nicken

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2004
Finland
I checked this a while back and in the past when there have been silent upgrades to products (no press event) the store has usually gone done between 6-7AM US Eastern Time and back online two hours later.

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/02/26/apple-releases-penryn-based-macbook-pros-with-multitouch/

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/03/03/apple-introduces-new-mac-pro-with-nehalem-xeon-processors/

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/03/03/apple-announces-new-imacs-mac-minis-airport-extreme-and-time-capsule/

The exception was the iMacs released last october. That release occured about noon US Eastern Time.

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/10/20/apple-releases-updated-imac-models-with-21-5-and-27-inch-led-screens/

I don´t think we will se any updates today, but no one would be happier than me if i was wrong.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
well the apple store is still up and its Tuesday the 16th. is this an indication of no new mbps yet or am i just up to early?
Jeez, guys give it up. Apple will release it when they release it. Checking the apple store first thing tuesday morning borders on the obsessive

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Jeez, guys give it up. Apple will release it when they release it. Checking the apple store first thing tuesday morning borders on the obsessive
Simply visiting a forums about Mac rumors borders on the obsessive, what did you expect to find here exactly ?

Most normal people don't care about the rumors around Apple and its products, they just use them.

apolloa

macrumors G5
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
New SKU's
Geekbench
Low/No Stock at Best Buy and some Apple Resellers
6,1 and 6,2 in 10.6.2 build

I guess there are some signs, don't you think?

It would be strange that Apple suddenly doesn't upgrade their MBP line anymore in the usual cycle...
Erm, no it doesn't.
Basically, going by history and tradition, we alway's get a leak from a reputable source or from a manufacturer or supplier of the product in question the day before or hours before the launch. So far we have had none of these.
As said they will not be launched today. March 2nd is best guess.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Erm, no it doesn't.
Basically, going by history and tradition, we alway's get a leak from a reputable source or from a manufacturer or supplier of the product in question the day before or hours before the launch. So far we have had none of these.
As said they will not be launched today. March 2nd is best guess.
Why do you say no when you agree with the poster you are replying to ? Don't forget he was replying to someone claiming there won't be updates for a few months.

People, try to follow the context of the posts before replying willy-nilly.

apolloa

macrumors G5
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Why do you say no when you agree with the poster you are replying to ? Don't forget he was replying to someone claiming there won't be updates for a few months.

People, try to follow the context of the posts before replying willy-nilly.
I think you need to re-read yout post pal, I have no clue what you are on about. Don't jump in making statements when you show you don't understand the posts I have made.

My reply was pretty clear and not to you.

pellebee

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2008
Simply visiting a forums about Mac rumors borders on the obsessive, what did you expect to find here exactly ?

Most normal people don't care about the rumors around Apple and its products, they just use them.
hmm really funny you say this when this site is called MAC RUMORS!

theyre rumors, people obsess, gossip, etc... Its the same as tmz and other gossip sites except a bit more nerdy and cool :)

hackum

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2009
Didn't someone say that when Monday is a holiday the updates happen on Wednesday rather than Tuesday?

anjonjp

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Update Highly Unlikely (IMO)

The Japanese Apple Homepage is still displaying the current lineup of the MacBook Pros as 'New MacBook PRO Family'. I would expect that they would have removed the word 'new' well in advance of any update if there was one to happen. Sorry if this disappoints... :eek:

hackum

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2009
Chances are very slim for today. I am already convinced the laptops will get updated after the iPad release.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

JaZzMaN251 said:
There's also the point of when a day ends in Y, apple defers to the following day :eek:
Let's see...

MondaY, TuesdaY, WednesdaY, ThursdaY, FridaY, SaturdaY, SundaY...

TodaY... damn!

... TomorroW (whohoo!)

It's tomorrow! :D
haha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.