Store with best warranty for iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mvtjr219, Jun 23, 2010.

1. mvtjr219 macrumors newbie

Alright since I didn't pre order an iphone, I plan on camping out at either walmart or an apple store. I was wondering if anybody thinks walmart would have a better replacement/refund/exchange/insurance(whatever u wanna call it) policy or warranty. Thanks ahead of time

2. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

Applecare. Nothing else even comes close. Check ebay.

3. auero macrumors 65816

Buy it with a good credit card. (American Express which has buyers protection)

4. herdinoh macrumors regular

does it have limitation?

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Applecare might be the warranty with the least coverage.

6. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

If you want a warranty get apple care. If you want accidental coverage get insurance. Squaretrade offers it for 99 bucks. cheaper than walmarts

7. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

If you plan on getting your phone jacked or tossing it in the lake then yeah.

If you want to protect yourself from hardware faults and want to be able to bring in your phone for a replacement on-the-spot or overnight delivery of a replacent then aaplcare wins

8. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Don't get Best Buy's insurance. It covers accidental damage and has zero deductible, but $15 a month comes out to be really expensive.

9. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

My personally experience with applecare is they find any little blemish on your device and blame the problem on that instead of fixing it. Amex is a much better way to go. They actually fixed my computer.

10. coelacanth macrumors 6502

Amex for 90 days of damage/theft insurance + doubled warranty period.

SquareTrade for damage insurance.

SafeWare for damage/theft insurance.

11. maus macrumors regular

I agree with the Amex suggestion. My card doubles the manufacturer's warranty by a maximum of 1 year. If the manufacturer's warranty is 3 months, Amex will extend it by 3 months to 6 months. In the case of the iPhone, which has a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, it'll be extended to 2 years.