stored WiFi password

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by omega33655, Jul 10, 2009.

1. omega33655 macrumors newbie

hello all

first post

I have a question, I hope you guys can help me answer.

I have a WiFi at my house, only it isnt really mine. My room-ate has a WiFi set up that he once gave me the password to. He is gone on military tour and the only device that connected to it once was my iPod touch.

So the password is stored in the iTouch, but I cannot remember it..nor can have I been able to ask him.

So my question is, is there any way that I can get the saved password out of the iTouch?

2. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

You could jailbreak it and access the Keychain file ;)

Apart from that, I don't think there is a way to access it.

3. omega33655 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

If what other people mentioned fails you can do a hard reset on the router which will reset all settings. You'll have to set it back up but its easy.

5. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

Yeah. That's probably a better idea.

6. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Hard reset router is best. Also if it's a linksys try 192.168.1.1 in browser. Leave username blank and put Admin for password. If they didn't change admin PW that will be able to get you in to see the password for wifi.

7. pryceless macrumors newbie

problem accessing internet on ipod touch

i was wondering if anybody could help me with this issue i have i just got an ipod touch i cant access my network internet unless i disable my network security even after i put in the password for my network it wont allow me to use safari or youtube ect
    i would like to keep my network secure and still use my ipod without having to disable the security
    i have a belkin wireless g router