iPad Stores over booked on pick ups

Discussion in 'iPad' started by raw911, Nov 1, 2013.

1. raw911 macrumors regular

I just talked to store mngr bout iPad I got for pick up and was told online store over booked pickups. Basically they saying you can pick up today when actually they don't even have the inventory on hand. Damn apple WTF. I ordered 3:13am est got up at 6:00 am est wiped clean my iPad and gave away by 8:00 am. Now I'm hearing "we don't have your iPad"
    WOW
    Apple get ur ish together PLS.

----------

Ok mgr said they have some that the boxes were dented and I can get one of those cause they won't sell it due to dented box.
    UNBELIEVABLE
    Come on apple.
    Really!!!!!!

2. nostresshere macrumors 68030

My online at 8:15 said Monday pickup. So, I went to store and bought one. Not a long line at Apple store. Done.

3. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Not my experience at all. Ordered online, at the store by 9am and out with my iPad 10 mins later. Very happy. :)

4. raw911 thread starter macrumors regular

Figures it'll just be me.

5. guskd macrumors newbie

Maybe not. I ordered at 3:06 NY time, and am still processing. I'm starting to think I'm not getting one today.

6. ECJ macrumors 6502

ECJ

Mine was smooth also. Ordered @ 2:01 CST and picked up at Memphis store @ 8:00am. Was out by 8:10am. Couldn't have gone easier.

7. parkds macrumors regular

In the same boat. Said would be available for pickup today but it i still marked as processing. Order confirmation arrived at 3:07am in NY

8. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Yeah I figured might be an issue especially with the 128gb one I ordered from AT&T, so I just am having it shipped I can wait

9. DaveOP macrumors 6502a

I walked in without an order and had one within 5 minutes. Easy breezy in the Chicago suburbs.

10. HM Apple macrumors member

Decided to sleep last night, no 3 am. Went to local Apple Store at 10:30 and no line, very relaxed. Two employees waited on me, one through sale, the second all through setup with cloud. 16 G Space gray, enjoying it. Just have to learn IOS 7, as I did not update software on my IPad 3.

11. cwosigns macrumors 65816

I ordered at 8:10 this morning. Was finally available for pick-up around 11:30. Went over, iPad was ready but Smart Cover was "still processing." Tried to cancel order and buy on-site, but it wouldn't let us cancel. They took my info down and said that eventually it would come out of processing, and they would mark it as picked up.

The employee said that "the line in the back" (I guess them getting items ready for in-store pickup) was pretty backed up.

12. Thepoobear macrumors 6502

All tmobile stores sold out fast this AM. Can't believe t-Mobile didn't think to order more given their great deal...

13. deeddawg macrumors 604

Seems you're assuming TMO could have "ordered" more units from Apple if they wanted to?

What makes you sure that it wasn't Apple who decided on the quantity to supply to TMO for launch day?

14. Thepoobear macrumors 6502

No idea man.

15. guskd macrumors newbie

I just got my pickup email. Well, at least I know it's there.