Stores still have iPhone 4S Stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dbh, Oct 15, 2011.

1. dbh macrumors newbie

I've been doubly screwed by AT&T... our bank held the funds from our credit card last Monday when we pre-ordered her 4S (though we didn't receive an email from AT&T or the bank - I had to enquire 3 days after, to discover the order didn't go through) - so now her pre-order is on "back order" from AT&T with no estimated date for shipment.

My 4S preorder through work didn't arrive yesterday, and it has no date either - very messed up.

If I'd have known pre-ordering would have resulted in this mess, I'd have happily waited in line with the rest of the hardcore fans like I have in the past for every other hardware launch. Very frustrated.

Has anyone had any luck walking into an AT&T store today and picking one up? I'd like to see if maybe I could get them to fulfill my wife's preorder in person at a store, but everything's closed around here, and I wasn't sure if every place has sold out yet. Any luck for anyone else?

2. dbh thread starter macrumors newbie

In case anyone else is in a similar boat, I called our local AT&T store to see if they had any in stock. The lady was very kind, but expressed laughingly "no, we don't have any in stock." She said she would be unable to fulfill my "preorder" as well, even if they did get any in stock soon, as the online pre-order used up her upgrade eligibility. We just have to wait now for it to come in the mail.

She said she had been told that Apple was simply flat-out of stock, and it would take at least 28 days to get more in.

Anyone else hearing similar outage reports? 28 days? Really!?

I wouldn't be as upset if I had foolishly assumed stock would be in supply and waited this long... I'm frustrated because she and I did the right thing: we preordered first thing last Monday. AT&T goofed our orders (both of them, separately), and now we're just out of luck.

3. shadedred macrumors member

The Apple Store has ample stock, I've visited 3-4 times since the launch, and each time I've seen people continuously walk out with new ones. Might be a different situation there, I do know that AT&T stores are sold out, and Sprint phones apparently seem to be as well.

4. KFujiwara macrumors member

KFujiwara

You could also try calling a few Target stores that have Target Mobile kiosks in them. The store I work at has gotten a few shipments of them since the launch on Friday. Just a thought.

5. dbh thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sure you're both right... here's the rub: AT&T claims my wife's upgrade voucher was already used on her line, so she can't go to even one of their retail stores and get one that is in stock (even if it were in stock) - she has to wait for hers to arrive in the mail, whenever it does, which they claim is at 28 days now.

Is this insane or what? We tried preordering from Apple.com first, but their site was down at the time (early Monday morning) - so we went with AT&T's site direct. Big mistake.

6. vincent6396 macrumors member

I had the same problem, they screwed our orders up. I called a few at&t store by me saturday and called in to CC to cancel the order and reverse the upgrade then went to pick up a 32G at the store. Today I did the same for my wife, called them to cancel and reverse then went to Apple store and grab a 16G for her.

7. jeffb1982 macrumors newbie

I am in the oppisite position, I preordred my phone from att I got it in the mail on friday but AT&T still has not charged my card for the purchase