Stores which sell screen protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nicknicknickh, Sep 28, 2012.

1. nicknicknickh macrumors regular

Do any of you know where I can get a screen protector at a store not online. Also please dont recommend me Zagg. There is no way I'm going to get one of those. Sadly seems like Bestbuy only sells Zagg...

2. DetTigers macrumors regular

I got a Belkin screen protector at Target today and I'm impressed with the quality and clarity so far. I'm surprised there hasn't been more reviews of this screen protector on this site.

3. nicknicknickh thread starter macrumors regular

Okay good to know. Anyone else buy a non zagg screen protector in store?

4. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I'm interested in recommendations, too. I got a couple "screen protectors" with a couple new cases, but both of them were IMPOSSIBLE to put on without lint underneath. It seems it takes me four or five screen protectors to finally get one on correctly. Very frustrating.

5. geoelectric macrumors 6502

geoelectric

I sympathize, having burned through a pair of Spigen protectors just the other night with the same issue. I always get dust under them no matter how much I try not to, and doing the tape trick just seems to introduce more dust or lint.

However, that's not really a protector thing so much as where you're putting it on and what you wipe the phone down with first. They'll all trap lint if there's lint.

Put the protector on under a really bright light so you can see anything on the screen. Make sure you're using a purpose-built microfiber cloth for minimum lint. And consider doing it in a steamy bathroom with the shower running or similar to keep things as dust-free as possible.

Me, I'm too OCD. I think I'll never be happy with how lint-free I can get a protector, so I've given up. :)

6. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

At this point, I've pretty much given up, too. I can't STAND those dust bubbles that distort the beautiful screen view. But reading another thread about how, even though it's Gorilla Glass 2, the chance of small scratches are likely. So, I reluctantly ordered four screen protectors from Amazon and hope at least ONE of them will work OK. On my iPhone 4, it took many tries, but finally I got one that was perfect! Incredibly rare feat.

7. norwegian wood macrumors regular

I'm in construction and never used a screen protector. Dirty hands using all the time. In my pocket all day when not used. Slight scratches really faint that go away soon as you press the home bottom and it lights up. Screen protectors lasted a few days before crap got stuck under them. People make too big a deal to keep their phone flawless when they don't bother to wax their car or change the oil.