Storing PDFs and other docs on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sirhawkeye, May 26, 2017.

1. sirhawkeye macrumors newbie

So I need to figure out a way I can store PDF files directly on my iPhone 7. These documents are generally user manuals for cameras and equipment i use when out shooting on locations. The reason I want to store them on my phone is that I don't always have cell or wireless access and need to consult the manuals periodically (we are sometimes down in canyons where wireless signals don't reach) so I may not be able to download them or use services like Google Drive or OneDrive at these types of locations.

Now, I am aware of these USB flash drives from SanDisk that let you store files on it from your PC, and then attach it to your phone. Can you view documents with such a device plugged into your iPhone?

2. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Why not just email them to yourself on your phone (or use Dropbox or Box or Google Drive) and open the PDFs in iBooks?

Once you open it in iBooks it's stored there and can be accessed offline.

3. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

If you don't want to go through any clouds. Just use Adobe Acrobat + iTunes (to add files). All the PDFs will be saved locally on the phone.

4. g35 macrumors 6502a

Use Documents by Readdle. Drag and drop PDFs into it with iTunes. Save PDFs from Safari by pressing Open In and then pick Documents.