Storing your MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gman901, Jul 4, 2009.

1. gman901 macrumors 6502a

I recently bought the new 13" Pro, and use an older black Incase sleeve when I place it in my bag. I just bought a really nice vintage leather Mac-Case bag, which is padded and soft inside. Do most people just keep their aluminum MBP naked in their bags, or is it a good idea to keep the sleeve on as well?

2. Jon-Luke macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

I've always used a sleeve as well - it helps protect from dust and scratches, I work out on location quite often so the extra protection is good I think.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

A sleeve works well if it will still fit in your bag

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Macbook Pro ---> Sleeve ----> Case

I always thought the Sleeve was supposed to use in conjunction with a case!!

Just get the next size bag .... unless you have a 17"

Sleeved 13" fits nicely in 15" bag
    Sleeved 15" fits nicely in a 17" bag

Of course if you're like I was and already own a bag, you may have to buy a new one!!!

5. gman901 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I got a 15" bag yesterday for my 13". The sleeve fits inside okay, but it's a little snug. It would be easier to slip the plain MBP in and out, but I agree that extra protection is worth the hassles.

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I think the common sense approach is, unless you are doing air travel, naked in a bag w/ a dedicated laptop compartment is fine. If you are doing air travel and the case is not one of the new TSA friendly ones then a sleeve would be good, but not required. I've put plenty of notebooks through the XRAY naked when the old regs required it.