Stormfront (UK) lack of information

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Hi All,

Not sure if anyone has spoken to Stormfront regarding stock? I have ordered an Apple Watch which won't be here by today, in fact it will probably be weeks. Anyway I decided to call them yesterday and the day before to see if they would have any launch day stock. This store is in a small town so it would potentially be easy to snag one, HOWEVER, they have no clue as to what is happening. They don't know if they are getting anything or when that will be, they literally know less than nothing. I may give them another ring today but I'd have more luck asking my nan what she thinks. Not what you would expect from an official Apple reseller.

chrisconfessed

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
Essex, England.
I managed a Stormfront many years ago and in their defence, they are given minimal information about launch days. You're completely right when you say you'd expect the service to match that of Apple considering they are an approved reseller, but working with Apple can be incredibly frustrating as they rarely commit to concrete information, if I remember correctly the stores only know what they're getting when the deliveries arrive from Apple, I don't remember receiving any prior warnings about stock deliveries.

Good luck, hope you manage to get your hands on one!

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Why didn't you order directly with Apple? There's limited stock even with the official UK Apple Store (my 44mm SS won't be with me until 1st-8th Oct) so resellers & other outlets had little chance of fulfilling orders on launch day.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Well after stating the above I called again this morning and got through to an extremely helpful girl. The happened to have 1 of the configuration I wanted in stock so I drove straight down there and picked it up! Very happy!

I normally order when pre-orders go live but this year I decided not to order at first hence missing the first batch. As luck would have it though I have saved myself weeks of waiting.

Reactions: chrisconfessed
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.