Story time.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iSheep5S, May 20, 2017.

1. iSheep5S macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

So a while back I got an iPhone after 2 years on android, one iPhone 7. The Apple Watch was new I figured why not? and purchased a Series one space grey 38mm. I then had a small blip of remorse and missed my android thus I sold the iPhone and watch... only to get drawn in again with the SE... I know right? Indecisive. I didn't re buy the watch at the time. I hop between iOS and android for mobile but I feel content with the SE.

So i purchased a Fitbit Zip and quite enjoyed the fitness data thing, regular cyclist and runner i felt something lacking with it. I deliberated over a Fitbit watch but thought na there is only one watch for me and the story finally begins.

I went to John Lewis (I'm in the UK, Scotland to be exact) and asked for my old Space Grey 38mm Series one i had before. The young guy had issues with the printer and took his time getting the watch but i got it and went on my way... well two steps from the till. I spotted it was a 42mm and although more expensive it was a mistake and too big for my liking. I about turned and pointed out the error. He swapped it over, i asked if the receipt was correct, he said yes, i walked away and my wife called. I answered her, met up, fixed her reason for calling and went to Starbucks to set up the watch.

After opening the box etc, setting up i went to grab something out of my bag i spotted on the label Series 2... I thought no, TWO mistakes. Moment of 'will i keep it?' decided to do the right thing and go back. I spoke to the manager who commented on my honesty. He saw my receipt was for the Series one 42mm, i asked for and paid for a Series one 38mm but received a Series 2 38mm... John Lewis provided a 2 year warranty which is what i wanted. Everything was wrong if i came back for any reason.

Anyhoo, the employee had been there 3 weeks, he made the mistake and i paid the price of a 38mm S1 but got to keep the 38mm S2 as pointed out it was now used... slightly.

Happy days!

2. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Rarely people these days are this honest. They're just so selfish. I commend you, rare breed of human.

3. iSheep5S thread starter macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

Thanks!

4. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Scotsmen and economy... Soo,being honest might not always make you rich,but you sure sleep better.