Story Tracker - a submission tracking tool for writers

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by AKNicolle, Jun 29, 2010.

1. AKNicolle macrumors newbie

AKNicolle

The Story Tracker v1.6 update is now available on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

[​IMG]

This update includes the much requested CSV export/import feature, allowing you to export/import your Story Tracker database (via WiFi) to and from desktop spreadsheet applications like Excel and Numbers. The app itself includes the template file you'll need to format your database appropriately. With the arrival of the iPhone 4 last week, I've added iOS4 multitasking support and a high-res icon for the Retina display. All of the text and the built-in web browser appears much sharper with the iPhone 4. I've also improved the iPad interface and fixed some annoying bugs.

In case you missed it, Story Tracker is a submission tracking tool for writers, available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. I'd been looking for such an app ever since I bought my iPhone, but alas, no one had written one, so I decided to fill the void myself :) This is basically a carry-everywhere database for all the story submission data you may have scattered across miscellaneous spreadsheets, Word docs, or buried in notebooks.

You can find more details at my website or on the Story Tracker Facebook group.

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions, comments or feature requests.

Cheers,
    Andrew

2. AKNicolle thread starter macrumors newbie

AKNicolle

The Story Tracker v1.7 update is now available on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

This update includes Retina graphics and an iPad crash bugfix. Note: This update only supports iOS3.0 and above.

You can find more details about Story Tracker at my website or on the Story Tracker Facebook group.

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions, comments or feature requests.

Cheers,
    Andrew

P.S. - Do you dabble in other creative arts, collect artwork, or have friends who are artists? If so, you may be interested in my forthcoming app, Artwork Tracker. Stay tuned via my blog or on the new Artwork Tracker Facebook group.

3. AKNicolle thread starter macrumors newbie

AKNicolle

The long-awaited Story Tracker v1.8 update is now available on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

This update includes bug fixes and a bunch of new features:

- Added deadline field for markets

- Added submission states: Query, Partial MS Request, Full MS Request, Agent Accepted, Contest Placed, Contest Won
    - Added Story status icons
    - Added Words statistic
    - Added Approaching Deadline highlighting for markets
    - Added settings screen to configure deadline highlight interval and option to clear highlights for past deadlines
    - Increased notes field maximum size to 10000 characters
    - Increased maximum size of all other text fields to 200 characters

- Larger notes fields on iPad

- Larger field size for new genre entry
    - Added numeric entry (#) to the top of the alphabet jump list for stories and markets
    - Added progress bar for database transfers over WiFi

You can find more details about Story Tracker at my website or on the Story Tracker Facebook group.

Cheers,
    Andrew

4. AKNicolle thread starter macrumors newbie

AKNicolle

The Story Tracker v1.9 update is now available on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

This update fixes import/restore of databases created from earlier versions containing only stories or markets.

Cheers,
    Andrew

5. AKNicolle thread starter macrumors newbie

AKNicolle

I've just posted a Story Tracker Frequently Asked Questions page to my site. That covers about 90% of the questions I receive about the app. Let me know if you think I've missed anything important!

Thanks,
    Andrew

6. AKNicolle thread starter macrumors newbie

AKNicolle

The Story Tracker v2.0 update is now available on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

[​IMG]

This update contains bug fixes, along with the following new features:

• New user interface
    • Passcode lock function
    • Added settings to sort stories and markets by genre
    If you like what you see, please spare a moment to rate or review the app on the App Store!

If you're an artist or art collector, you might be interested to know I also recently updated my other app, Artwork Tracker. More details at my website.

Cheers,
    Andrew