Storyboard for educational video?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by heynsmd2, Jun 21, 2009.

1. heynsmd2 macrumors newbie

heynsmd2

I've been making quite a few recreational movies involving interesting places I've visited for quite some time...

Now, however, I need to make a short (5-6 min) educational video for a research project I'm planning.

My proposed study (including the request to film a video on premise) need to be presented to a committee for approval (before I can start filming) and I've realised that having a compelling 'story' for the video may help the case.

I've realised that I need a 'storyboard'.

Is there any good mac software anyone can recommend? Google search gives 'toon boon' storyboard (which appears dated...) and Storyboard Artists 4.2...

Any recommendations?

2. TRoman macrumors newbie

TRoman

I like StoryBoard Artist, but I'm much more comfortable with StoryBoard Quick, so you could check that out too.

Good luck with your film :)

3. heynsmd2 thread starter macrumors newbie

heynsmd2

Thanks for advice... in another thread someone suggested comic life (which I have - it was included with my iMac a few years ago) - haven't thought of using the program before, but may finally put this software to good use!

4. videoproduction macrumors newbie

Video Production Storyboard tool

I also recommend storyboard artist as a good tool for video production pre-visualisation.

corporate video production

5. deej999 macrumors regular