Storyboard project displays incorrectly on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Danneman101, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Danneman101 macrumors 6502

I've got a storyboardproject that displays incorrectly on iPhone 5 (see attached file).

I've followed the suggestions in the following guide:
    http://jamesdempsey.net/2012/10/02/getting-an-app-ready-for-iphone-5/

For instance, I've added a new default-image (Default-568h@2x.png), and I've set the simulated metrics in the storyboard to "Retina 4 full screen". I've even checked the "Layout : wants full screen" in Attributes > View Controller for the root object (ie the first Tab Bar Controller as show in the image).

All other views in the storyboard have size set to "inferred", but I've also tried setting them all individually to same attributes settings as detailed above.

The only code that I have that resizes or repositions anything is for webviews inside the various views. This should not have an impact on the overall size of the app and the position of either the tabbar (bottom) or the statusbar (top).

In addition, when selecting to view the storyboard with the option "Apply Retina 4 Form Factor" (ie. by pushing the button to the left of the zoom-buttons in the storyboard), all views are resized accordingly.

So why is the app displayed incorrectly in the emulator?

Attached Files:

2. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

have you tried loading it on a phone or accessed via a domain to verify if it is or not an emulator issue?

just to be clear, my personal experience is minuscule, so maybe you're better off waiting for someone to post any other thought/idea

3. Danneman101 thread starter macrumors 6502

Unfortunately I will not be in possession of an iPhone 5 in the near future, but what do you mean by "accessed via a domain"?

Perhaps somebody with access to an iPhone 5 can verify that the problem lies in the emulator?

Thanks

4. caffeineios macrumors newbie

Is the Default-568h@2x.png properly set as a launch image in the project settings? For me Xcode seems to sometimes get confused when moving the default images around or replacing them.

5. Danneman101 thread starter macrumors 6502

You're right - I hadn't properly set it in Targets > iPhone / iPod Deployment Info > Launch Images. Simply drag it into there and it will work fine :)