Storytelling

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jimbo110, Dec 5, 2007.

1. jimbo110 macrumors member

I'm working launching a new Brand and are interested in using storytelling for the visual part of my website. I'm going to hire a photographer. I need to more knowledge about the visual storytelling and how to use it. To make all photos consistent even if I have to use another photographer. Anybody who may help or know any links or books that may be helpful?

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

In larger companies the person who does this job, that is designs the "look" the company will have, designs the ad campaign and hires photographers -- this person has the job title of "Art Director" So you are asking really asking "How do I learn to become my own Art Director?". First off it helps a lot if you can draw, at least stick figures, know the basics of composition and color and so on. I think most have some formal art education. wikipedia has an intro and some links http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_director Also google "Art Director"

Possibly, you want to contract with an art director and let him deal with the photographers. What he might do is make a stack of sketches and hand them to a commercial photographer to shoot s/he'l also write up instructions for color and composition and so on.

3. jimbo110 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much. You reply is really helpful. This world is really new to me...but I'm doing my best to be a fast learner;-) Thank again.