Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dazzer21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
I'm starting to get into card making and I'm looking at getting a cheap-ish laser printer that must have a straight-through paper path so that heavier card stock isn't wrapping around any rollers. I'd go with an inkjet normally, but a laser printer enables me to be able to hot-foil onto the card to add a bit of sparkle. Can anyone recommend a particular model from their own experience? Thank you.

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
Most laser printers I've seen have a back door you can open and, if you use the manual feeder, it's effectively straight-through. (Actually, this is mostly Brother printers I'm thinking of like the old HL-2140 or what I have now, the DCP-7065dn, but I'm sure lots of others do as well.) Of course, it will still have to get rolled through the fuser with heat and pressure to get the toner on the paper, but you'll at least avoid it curving around a roller or two to reverse direction and whatnot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.