Straight Talk / TracFone question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thekb, Aug 11, 2017.

1. thekb macrumors 6502a

I am considering getting a first iPhone for my kid, but since this is a starter phone, I am considering the least expensive option. StraightTalk has a refurbed 5s for $50, plus the basic $35/month for 2GB. With a 20% off code, the phone and first month's service is about $65. That is about as cheap as I think I could find! But for ongoing service, if I choose to switch to TracFone instead of a monthly charge, would I be able to port the number over no problem? Is there a minimum time on StraighTalk before I could transfer or disconnect service? Or could I port it over to our Verizon account instead? I guess I just have questions about compatibility and terms of service under ST.

Thanks

2. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

https://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/h/legal/terms-and-conditions

Try this. Just understand they are tough to get in touch with. I use Straighttalk for a phone I have. I like the ability to choose between the plans based on my coming needs. That being said I had to lodge a BBB complaint against them recently based on an unlocking issue. Their customer service is somewhat lacking. The above link may have some of the info you may need. Hope it helps.