Stranded at work!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbenkelman, Sep 19, 2014.

1. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

How many of us are being held captive by our workplace, with a brand new phone sitting at home just waiting to be opened and activated?!? I'm literally going nuts, checking my watch every 5 minutes. The day is just crawling!

2 hours to go!

2. reverberlayed macrumors regular

I am with you. I was hoping it wouldn't get delivered until I was on my way home from work but it has been delivered as of 2:13PM. Still have until 5PM until I leave.

3. rican macrumors 6502

rican

I probably won't be getting to my phone until 9pm tonight or later.

4. jbenkelman thread starter macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

I actually switched and took the morning shift and I was kind of bummed out because the possibility of it come before I had to be here was pretty good, but had I stuck with the night shift I would have missed it by 8 minutes! That would have been even worse! Lol

----------

It's the worst right? A co worker just came in and got hers in the mail at 1pm, but didn't have time to set it up so she left it at home!

5. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

My nanny texted me at 11:15 that both our phones were there. I have another 70 minutes before I leave. I checked out the Plus at Best Buy during lunch. No regrets and just made me more excited to get home and start setting mine up!

6. lithonius macrumors member

What's your address? I'll go guard the unattended package on your doorstep. :cool:

----------

Same here.... work.... kids.... dinner.... not til the kid is in bed do I really get a chance to open mine up (still waiting to be delivered) and look at it. 9-10 tonight :cool:

7. Topher227 macrumors regular

I had mine delivered to work.

Funny how things work around here... as i've been "very busy" since the UPS man's arrival.

8. jbenkelman thread starter macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

Haha. I purposely avoided going on lunch break because I don't want to spoil the fun!

----------

Oh you are so kind my address is...

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Work from home + flexibility to take my lunch break at 9:30 AM to go to UPS = Win.

The extremely early lunch was made possible by leftover pizza in the fridge. Or else I'd be starving right about now.

10. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I was going to wait, then I decided it might be fun to experience it with the kids. So I'm going to let them be part of it (on carpeting.)

11. sleepyking macrumors 6502

I too and held in captivity since I opted to pick up in store. No worries though hopefully the line is shorter this evening.

12. jbenkelman thread starter macrumors 6502

jbenkelman