Strange 3GS issue when unlocking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tiblua, Mar 28, 2010.

1. tiblua macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have been a lurker on here for a long time but have never had the need to post until now. I am having a really weird problem with my 3GS and haven't been able to find any solutions on any forums. I have posted this problem on another forum but no one seems to know the answer

I am on T-mobile UK and have a 3GS running 3.1.2 & baseband 5.11.

On Thursday, I was out and about when the phone ran out of signal. I switched airplane mode on as I usually do when my signal drops out. The phone crashed and switched off and has been displaying the white apple logo screen, switching itself on & off randomly and getting quite warm. When I got home, I put it into restore mode and tried to restore with itunes. When I alt+clicked and chose the firmware (3.1.2) I had used before, I got the error message saying something like the device isn't eligible for the requested build. So I tried a different custom firmware and it worked fine.

Then I tried to jb with blackra1n via my computer (as usual). The process seemed to work fine but no logo appeared on the springboard, however I could install my apps so I assume the jailbreak worked. I went via cydia to unlock with blacksn0w through there and after I had run this, the phone slowed right down and just said "searching" in the signal bar area. So I tried airplane mode again and.... the phone crashed AGAIN. I have tried this three times and every time the same thing happens. I have a feeling its something to do with an update in Cydia...?

Does anyone have any ideas what I can try next? I have my SHSH stored on Cydia but I don't really know if this will help. I am thinking if I can get blackra1n installed okay on the phone I will be able to unlock with no problems but I'm not sure what to try next.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

so

are you 3.1.3 now if so you have no option but SHSH right now!

3. mreddys10 macrumors regular

Please go to this site. It talks about the same problems that you have, and how to fix it:
    http://extechblog.wordpress.com/201...-11-07-baseband-3gs-no-shsh-on-file-solution/

Cydia, or blackra1n is not the problem, it's blacksn0w. I suggest that after you follow the instruction on that website, you should install blacksn0w RC2 (instead of the original version that is in blackra1n) from this repo: cydia.pushfix.info

4. tiblua thread starter macrumors newbie

Aah, amazing! I have managed to fix it now using the solution on that site, thank you so much! :D

5. mreddys10 macrumors regular