Strange and annoying MagSafe/MacBook problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by NYR99, Feb 14, 2010.

1. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

I have a white MacBook (specs in signature). When I plug it in, everything is fine for like the first 15 or so minutes, then the light on the MagSafe will go out and my MacBook will say it is not plugged in. If I unplug the MagSafe from the MacBook end and plug it back in, nothing happens. No light, no nothing. But, if I unplug it from the wall end, then plug it back in, it will start charging again for like 5 minutes, then go back out again.

I have tried two different MagSafe power adapters (one of them being brand new) and it happens to both of them, so obviously, it is a problem with my MacBook. Has anyone had this problem? I tried using Mroogle but couldn't find anything similar.

Also, this is an AppleCare replacement MacBook. The logic board got replaced 3 times on my other MacBook, so I asked for a whole new MacBook. I have already had the logic board replaced on this one once, and am sensing this might need an additional replacement. Is there anyway I could upgrade to an aluminum MacBook for a slight "upgrade" fee, or does Apple not do this?

Thanks for taking the time to read this long post :cool:

-Tom

P.S. I baby all of my electronic devices so I am positive I am not the cause of all these problems. I just have not had any luck with my MacBooks.

2. NYR99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just tried the SMC reset, but it did not correct the problem. =/