Strange AppleCare Discount

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by pbnjgod, May 31, 2007.

1. pbnjgod macrumors newbie

I am getting a Mac Pro and a 23" Apple Cinema Display as a graduation gift (thanks mom and dad) and was spec'ing it out on the online apple store when to my surprise I somehow pulled up a 199$ discount on applecare. This only came up in the educational store when I added a 23" display and bumped the graphics card to the 1900ati and added the apple care (which is only 199 for educational buyers)

I am not sure if this is old news or not but just thought it was strange, I have never seen/heard or random promotional discounts on the apple store that aren't at least in some my promoted or talked about.

Ok well this could be a stretch but maybe this is all connected to the introduction of new Cinema Displays at WWDC/ Well who knows, im crossing my fingers and hold my purchase till WWDC in hope of either a display announcement, a mac pro announcement, or both!

-David

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

AppleCare is discounted for education. That could be it.

3. pbnjgod thread starter macrumors newbie

applecare for a Mac Pro normally costs 259, the educational price is 199. The promo sale covers the full cost of education applecare for a mac pro ($199)

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Must be some bundle then and you get AppleCare for free.

5. chipchen macrumors 6502

Hmm.. it's possible Apple has a special deal with your school... thought that's usually seen through the computer stores on school campuses...

Not likely it has anything to do with impending releases and such,... but to be honest... I'd probably wait to purchase for a month if you can.