Strange Applestore Palo Alto experience....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Meever, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Meever macrumors 6502a

I got to the store around 10:30 and tried to pick up the rMBP. Well, they had a few so I decided to pick it up.

Everything was going as per usual until we got to the standard "Do you want applecare?" bit. I was curious so I asked "Hey, can I pick up the applecare with the student discount later?"

Well this is where it got weird......

The sales guy insisted that the rMBP doesn't isn't covered by the student discount. Well, so I politely asked him to check with someone else. Long story short after the third guy they were all so sure there was no student discount for some wacky reason.... so I politely directed them towards the online education store. I also ordered one and showed them the receipt.

After they caved and gave me the student discount and my gift card.

Oddly enough they didn't even ask for my student I.D.

weeeeird.

So just heads up guys. If any of the stores are saying they don't offer student discount just direct them towards the online education store.

2. ivanpk macrumors regular

Weird. I spent most of my time looking at the Stanford store and I know they would have taken the Educational discount because I saw them giving out the cards, and were about to give me mine when I almost bought the 512gb model.
    I ended up buying mine at the San Francisco store and they gave me the discount too, without even batting an eye. (I am a student and showed the student ID).