Strange Backlight Issue 2010 13" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fb2, Aug 2, 2010.

1. fb2 macrumors member

I finally purchased my dream laptop a month ago and it has been great so far until I ran into this strange issue. It seems when the backlight it set to below 50% and either my hands are on the side/bottom or I'm slightly moving or tilting the laptop the backlight goes into this weird super-bright state for a few seconds. When this happenes there are even brighter circle shapes near the dock area. Problem is this only happens sometimes and I cant seem to replicate it with a certain action. I'm not sure what will happen when I take it into the store. If anyone can shed any light onto similar problem or what I could try, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Meever macrumors 6502a

Is the light sensor on? Sounds like it's auto-dimming/auto-raising the backlight brightness.

3. fb2 thread starter macrumors member

I've since disabled the option to adjust on ambient light. The super-bright state im talking about doesnt look like 100% brightness, seems like everything is washed out for the second or two it flickers.

4. Meever macrumors 6502a

It really sounds like a auto detection issue. You might want to make an appointment at an applestore.

5. fb2 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I was planning on going tomorrow, I was just wondering if there are any tests I could do so that I dont get to the store and cant replicate the problem.