Strange battery dying issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tyler23, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

i was out with my iPhone 6s with low battery and the battery died. When I got home, I plugged it in and it lit up and turned back on so I left it sit. Came back about 10 minutes later to check for messages but it was off which was strange.

I turned it on and went to use it, but it froze, flashed low battery and turned off again (it was still plugged in and at 10% battery). So I turned it back on. It showed 6% now. After 10 seconds, it froze again, showed low battery and turned off yet again.

I tried numerous hard resets but the issue kept repeating. It finally turned back on and began charging as normal.

I'm concerned that my battery might be faulty. Has anyone else had a similar issue before?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Sounds like you need to take it into Apple for repair/replacement.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Others have reported strange behavior when their battery is very low. I would charge it to full and move on.

If you are using the little cube charger and your phone is near dead, it will not work well even when plugged in with less than 10% battery remaining as booting the phone will draw more power than the cube charger can provide and it will shut down again.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

I pretty much always use the cube charger even when the phone goes down below 1% and turns off on its own. It charges the phone just fine and allows it to boot up in its own when it gets up to 3% on iPhone 6 or later or 5% on easier iPhones.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I have not had the same experience.

I have seldom run my phone battery down so low.

Did not say it would not charge the phone, but it will be very slow if at all if using your cube charger, but maybe on the smaller 6, but not on my S+.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not sure about the Plus, although I can't imagine it being that much worse, but even with the 6 (which has a larger battery and screen than previous phones) it usually only takes a few minutes to get back up to 3% and the phone to turn on and then continue charging at a decent pace.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Your cube charger must be "special".

Enjoy.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems pretty normal and has been that kind of an experince with a few of them and a few different phones over the years. None of that is to say that you might not have had some sort of a different experience in one way or another, simply to provide another set of observations.

9. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

I had this same issue with my iPhone 5S, and they just swapped it out