Strange battery issue...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by esadb, Jun 24, 2010.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

So I jailbroke my 3G a couple of weeks ago and its running on 4.0 GM. Disabled 3G, run wifi and have push enabled for facebook only. And also when i jailbroke it i set it up as a New Phone.

I have M/T + wallpapers + remove recents + battery percentage and using biteSMS. I leave only biteSMS, Mail and Phone in M/T.

Now for some strange reason i noticed lately my battery life has really gone bad! For example my battery would read 56% but after like a 5minute talk my battery drops 15% and down to 41%.. Seems like talking on the phone kills it the most.

My phone still has warranty until mid july i was thinking, should i just call apple and get that replaced while i still can and just pay the 25$.

Any advice on the bad battery life? Usually people say sometimes jailbreaks go bad and to set it up as a new phone is the best bet after jailbreaking, also this battery life seemed to have gone worse after i installed biteSMS. Is biteSMS hard on the phone can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thanks!

2. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

3. hotnts macrumors member

i had a similar issue with jb. I did not use Bitesms but after jb sometimes my battery would just die really quickly and wouldn't charge. The only way i could get it to charge would be to do a hard reset and let it charge with the power off for a while. I restored and rejb after that and did not have the problem after that happened. I think sometimes because jb is not regulated you get bad files sometimes that cause the phone to hit a crash loop and the only way to fix is to restore and rejb. IMHO

4. bodhi77 macrumors regular

jailbreaking is most likely the cause. it's also the reason you won't get a replacement. you've voided your warranty.

5. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

Lol wont get a replacement huh? Haha good one bud! Ill just restore it back to stock. And re-validate my warranty ;)

6. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Exactly.

Anyways, when I switched to iOS4 and jb with redsn0w, I enabled M/T and WP. My battery life was HORRENDOUS for the one day I had it. That, combined with the fact that my 3G ran like dogpoo, made me switch back to stock iOS 4. I'll jailbreak it once there is a fix with the missing MMS and 3G data, but I won't add M/T or WP. Not worth it considering the speed upgrade I received with iOS 4.

7. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

Big difference by removing M/T eh? I wonder how bad wallpapers affects it.. I wish iFile would work so i could just set M/T to false and give it a try for a day without having to re-jailbreak and stuff.

EDIT: iFile does work just change the system time to like March 18,2010 and it loads. I set M/T to false im gonna give the iphone a try for the day without multitasking.

8. sys50000 macrumors newbie

Is 'Remove recents" the issue?

I noticed since 2 days a battery drain I didn't have before. Actually since I installed "Remove recents". After removing it, the battery consumption went to normal again. Is this app so busy with removing apps from multitasking that it drains the battery?

I have to find another way to keep the multitask bar clean.