Strange Battery life behavior on iPad 2 - Inconsistent

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dcee99, Apr 14, 2011.

1. dcee99 macrumors newbie

Guys,
    I have started to notice a very strange thing.. On some days my battery life seems to be on pace for 10 hours, then a few hours later, using the exact same programs, notice that it drains relatively quickly.. All push and location services are disabled, ping is disabled, and the advanced mail settings are set to manual. Screen brightness is set to 50 with auto adjust.

Here is an example: Last night, after noticing some quick battery drain in the morning, I played around with Safari, watched some videos, used Flipboard and other news readers. I timed 10% usage and got exactly 1 hour - Awesome right?

This morning, all I did was use Safari and browse Flipboard, and in 15 minutes went from 60% to 54%.. Well off the pace from just the evening before.. I did primarily use Safari..Perhaps I'm over-analyzing, but can Safari drain battery more rapidly than other programs? Very strange to say the least.. Anyone experience anything similar?

2. aleni macrumors 68020

geez, just turn off the battery indicator and enjoy the damn thing.

3. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I don't think the battery drains evenly. It all depends on the application that is open. Some apps will drain the battery slower than others.

4. Axiem macrumors member

Is it a 3G model? Depending on your 3G signal, you'll drain battery in different amounts. (Lower 3G signal means more battery drain, because it spends time searching for a better signal)

5. dcee99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Trust me I enjoy it.. It's just strange to go from 10 hours of battery life to 5 hours with no rhythm or reason as to why I've seen that fluctuation

6. dcee99 thread starter macrumors newbie

No- Wifi 16gb

7. aleni macrumors 68020

do u have a lot of apps in the multitasking bar when the battery seemed to decrease faster?

i know those apps are suspended and not running, but they eat rams i think and maybe decrease a bit of battery life.

try closing all of unused and repeat your current test.

8. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Do what this says and enjoy a happy, fulfilling life.

That battery indicator will be the end of ends for some people, I swear.