Strange beep after restart

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RedburnIV, Dec 15, 2010.

1. RedburnIV macrumors regular

RedburnIV

Hey guys, I bought a 13 macbook pro a few weeks ago. My first mac, and I absolutely love it, but I noticed a strange thing occur a few times I restart or power up my mac. I came home after work and turned the computer on, I pressed the power button and the computer let out a loud, drawn out beep, and didnt turn on. I pressed teh button again and finally the start up sound went off, the disk drive spun, and everything ran smoothly. This has happened on more than one occasion, and just the other night, I installed an update and restarted the machine. As soon as the machine restarted, the beeping went off again, followed by the start up noise, followed by the grey loading screen. Anyone else familiar or experience this strange, loud, drawn out beep when they restart or try to turn their machine on? I'm just wondering if I need to be concerned or if this happens to others??

Dan

2. RedburnIV thread starter macrumors regular

RedburnIV

Really? No one's ever heard of this happening? No strange noises with anyone else's machine on start up? It's hard to explain on a forum. It's just a low pitch, drawn out beep. It's no problem, but I'm just wondering if I need to be concerned, but as far as the computer goes, it's incredible and works like a beast. I just dont know what this sound is, and yes I know the difference between a strange beep and the start up sound, thanks.

3. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

4. RedburnIV thread starter macrumors regular

RedburnIV

Oh man, what happened to that picture? He definitely nailed it with that pic haha. Yeah, I haven't seen that table before, and I did just install a firmware update so I guess that explains that. As far as the tone on start up, I'm not sure since I haven't touched the RAM and every time it's made that noise it hasn't repeated, but thanks for the help. I'm glad this thing isn't just making noises for the hell of it.

Dan

5. Besse macrumors newbie

Besse

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202768

Meybe?