Strange behaviour (battery) iOS 6 b3 on 4S.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by WeegieMac, Jul 23, 2012.

1. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I know it's a beta, just wondering if anyone else has seen similar behaviour on their iOS 6 devices. Since this I have gone back to 5.1.1.

My iPhone was at 100% when I went to bed last night, woke up and it was at 92%, so 8% lost overnight doing nothing.

I used the phone to listen to music and browse the web on the train to work, and upon getting to work the battery was down to 79%.

I got to work at 9:30am and at 11am my phone lit up and told me I had 10% battery left. The phone was hot to touch, and the remaining 10% went within 5 minutes. There was nothing running in the background, the display was off the whole time, no location services running.

As I said, I'm back on iOS 5.1.1 now but it was pretty odd as I've never seen this on any of the betas before.

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

Seen this before. Wipe and set up as a new phone to fix.

3. haulis, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012

haulis macrumors regular

Keep in mind that the battery percentage is essentially just an estimate. For example; at times it could drop faster from 100 to 90% than it would from 10-0% (or from 40 to 30% vs. 60 to 50% etc.)

This is also one of the reasons Apple recommends doing a complete charge cycle once a month (http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html) to help calibrate the battery meter.

From my personal experience, this complete discharge/recharge does seem help the battery percentage estimates level out.

(I have no source on this other than random web searches like this: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090205072041AANMGid)

4. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

OP: I had the same issue. I refused to set up as a new phone, so back to 5.1.1 I went... It sucks cause I really thought it was stable enough to use on my primary phone (excluding battery life) Also, iTunes Match wiped my music after I synced and it forces you to download each song one by one (takes forever even with only 8-10 gb of music). Setting up as new phone works I'm sure, so best of luck if you go that route!