Strange behaviour on some websites MBP2016

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djrm, Apr 3, 2017.

1. djrm macrumors 6502

djrm

Hey, always been a safari fan of late but since getting my new maxed out 15" 2016 MBP I'm coming across strange loading issues and scrolling lag. Quite often when I load Facebook ill get the spinning symbol before I can scroll down and websites like http://www.express.co.uk behave really strangely. Try clinking on any link and does it load for you properly or just load half way and give you another spinner?

Rob

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I clicked the link and didn't have any problem. However, I have experienced (in the recent past) Safari stalling as it attempts to load a lot of different webpages. A lot of people were (and may still be) experiencing such browser behavior.

Submit a bug report.

3. djrm thread starter macrumors 6502

djrm

Damn that sucks then if its fine for you. Ive set this up perfect so will be gutted if I have to do a fresh install.

Here is a video of the issue (shutdown the MacBook before demonstrating)

4. Sanpete macrumors 68020

How long have you had it? It may still be settling in, might do better in a couple days. (Sometimes helps not to try to scroll before the page is loaded if it's having a problem.)

5. djrm thread starter macrumors 6502

djrm

5 days now. Would love for anyone else to test the site above to see if its doing the same for them. Really thinking I'm gonna have to do a fresh install.

6. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I have a 15" 2016 MBP and have not had any of the problems you describe. I had no problem with the link.

I do have an issue on some websites where links don't work. I click and nothing happens. I've always assumed this is a Safari bug, but it's rare and I put up with it or use a different browser.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

8. jackoatmon macrumors 6502a

jackoatmon

I recently switched to Safari because it's the only one that supports touch bar and booyyyyyy is it slow compared to all the other browsers available

also on a nearly maxed-out new MBP and I can type and hit enter faster than Safari can auto-suggest, so often i end up getting a google search of the word Facebook or whatever rather than the actual website.

It's just a slow, poorly programmed browser. Been migrating back to Chrome. Hopefully someone over there at Google comes back from vacation or whatever and adds a few touchbar buttons.

9. Sanpete macrumors 68020

10. djrm thread starter macrumors 6502

djrm

Thanks for all the replies. Before I pulled the plug I decided to whip down to my local Apple Store and test the in store display 2016's on that same website. They all displayed the same behaviour. Just to be clear http://www.express.co.uk loads fine, no issues, its just when you start clicking on news stories and try to scroll does the crawl start to happen. Knowing their machines did the same thing rests my mind.

Strange none of you guys experience the same thing?!?

11. Sanpete macrumors 68020

I'm running a beta version of Safari, so it could be different, but the page loads fine, and the links (which I'm loath to click on but I did for the sake of science) work fine, and there's no problem with scrolling on the main page or at the links from it.

Just tried it with Safari (non-beta), and did get a beach ball, apparently due to the heavy use of graphics and video. But since I never use that version of Safari, I think it's just the kind of thing the OS adjusts to, allocating more resources over time. I used to get more beachballs for that kind of thing with the Safari beta too.

The machines at the Apple Store are basically restarted from zero each morning, I believe, so the OS doesn't have a chance to adjust to usage.

12. David58117 macrumors 65816

I'm on my iMac 5k right now (late 2015) - and having loading issues with Safari on that website.

However, Chrome seems to be performing much better.

13. djrm thread starter macrumors 6502

djrm

14. Libertine82 macrumors newbie

Libertine82

Hi, I clicked the link it was fine, but when I went into the sturgeon may article, the advertising header didn't load and I got the beachball, I think its more to do with the ad and a poorly written site, as I've never had this issue on any other site, I'm on a 2016 MBP nTB, I wouldn't worry about it.

15. Mefisto macrumors 6502

Mefisto

With Adguard enabled, everything was working just fine.

When I disabled it, after clicking on any link the site did take a while to load and much of beachball craziness was had.