strange behaviour

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by .macbookpro., Dec 31, 2012.

1. .macbookpro. macrumors regular

My MacBook Pro 13 2011 is acting rather strange. It started when I took it to the apple store because it would turn on, load a progress bar then turn off again. The genius reformatted the hdd, upgraded from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2, and told me not to restore from time machine backup. I used migration assistant instead, but shortly afterwards it started acting strange when it comes to sleeping. Weather there is a display, an external hdd or nothing plugged in, it would not wake from sleep. This happens randomly, sometimes not happening for a couple of days, other times twice a day. The sleep light would be constant, not 'breathing'. Then, last night, i was charging my macbook, it was 100% full when i unplugged it, put it to the side and went to sleep. When i opened it 12 hours later, it was completely empty. Coconut battery says its at 90% of health, in normal condition. Normally i can get 5-6 hours of use before it runs out.
    Is this a software or hardware glitch?

2. nnectw macrumors newbie

I've had a similar problem with my laptop. When I close my screen, and open it up shortly later, it would not wake up and it seemed as though it was shut down. I had to take it to my techhub (I was in highschool, and still am) and get them to fix it. They didn't really know the problem as it never showed up when my laptop was with them (of course)

In the end, my motherboard got replaced and it works fine now. Try taking your laptop to the apple store again and show them the problem you are facing.