Strange blink/flickering using Google Chrome

Discussion in 'macOS' started by brdeveloper, Jul 19, 2013.

1. brdeveloper, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013

brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

I've originally posted this on Apple Support Community, but maybe the people of MR have a faster and better answer.

The previous post described the issue:
    And my answer:
    Walker131, I'm having the very same issue. My configuration is:

Late 2009 White Macbook Unibody 2,26GHz 9400M (MacBook6,1), OSX 10.6.8

Looks like it happens only when using Google Chrome. It can be caused by a graphics hack that only Chrome employs. It acts just as you described - a quick blink apperantly inside the browser's document area (DOM container). When it blinks, I can see the desktop image behind or a window from a background application.

It's a fast 1-time flickering which looks like a subliminal message and occurs frequently when using Google web apps (Gmail, Google Search, etc).

I was concerned if this could be a failure caused by a cold bga soldering in the graphics adapter, but I presume it's not the case after reading this topic.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Do you have Disable GPU Vsync or any of the other graphics-related flags turned on in chrome://flags/ ?

3. brdeveloper thread starter macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

Disable GPU Vsync is off.

4. htmanning macrumors newbie

I'm having a similar issue with a 2011 15" MBP. Whenever the graphics switches from integrated to discrete, or vice versa, Chrome has a redraw/flicker. I haven't noticed it in any other app or browser.