Strange bug in lists

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Gogurt48, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Gogurt48, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013

Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

I've noticed recently in beta 5 that some apps that present lists of things have a bug where some it all of a listed item will be obscured by its header (see the attached screenshot).

A hard restart corrects the problem, but only temporarily. It always comes back. I've noticed this bug in two different apps do far. Anybody else having this problem?

EDIT: Looking at this more carefully, I think the item header "10B" is actually an artifact from a different list. The app in question rearranges your grocery list by aisle depending on the store you're shopping at. In this case, Food Lion does not have an aisle 10B, and it appears that the header is on top of a list that's otherwise correctly displayed. The "10B - Laundry" header should only display when the selected store is "Wegman's."

So, somehow stray headers from other lists are popping up. I'd chalk it up to the app being incompatible with iOS 7 except that the exact same thing is happening in at least one other app. Also, this didn't happen in any of the previous betas. That makes me think it's a bigger problem.

Attached Files:

2. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

There's a few apps that do this for me. They're not compatible with iOS 7 yet, so I don't think there's a real fix.

3. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

Stock Safari does that too.

[​IMG]

Notice hat favourite is overlaying with bookmark and linked Share icons.

4. Gogurt48 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

If it's an incompatibility, you're right, we'll just have to wait for those apps to be updated. But the thing is, they were all stable in betas 1-4. This problem is new with beta 5, which makes me think it might be a glitch.

On the other hand, perhaps they've just brought some new under-the-hood feature of iOS 7 online with beta 5 and it's causing a problem. I'll report it to Apple so at least they're aware of it.

5. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Even though they were stable in 1-4, anything can break in any beta.

I know Twitter was screwed up for a little bit with having to long press a button at the bottom to register. Beta 5 was released which fixed the issue and then Twitter updated the same day and it broke again. You just can't win lol

6. Gogurt48 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

That's true. I did report it to Apple, so at least they'll be aware of the problem.