Strange bug with Mail.app

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by oMc, Sep 9, 2014.

1. oMc macrumors 6502

oMc

I have a weird bug with Mail.app since DP7, which is difficult to explain (at least for a non-native english speaker :eek:).

When I open an email in Mail.app, the windows of the mail is closer to the dock than for the previous email I opened, and is getting smaller and smaller. It’s like this for each email I open.

Thus, after like 10 emails, the windows is so small that it’s nearly unusable (see the screenshot below). I have to manually move and resize the windows when it’s getting too annoying.

[​IMG]

I just sent a bug report to Apple. Anyone else is having this problem?

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

Odd - I have not come across this problem. If you resize the window, close it, then open another email.. What happens?

I am also on Yosemite Beta...

3. oMc thread starter macrumors 6502

oMc

The windows keep the same size, but get closer and closer to the dock each time I open an email. When the windows finally "hit" the dock, it begin to get smaller and smaller until I get something like in my screenshot.

This is not a bug which cause Mail.app to be totally unusable, but it is strange and I don't think it's normal or related to any of Mail.app settings...

4. oMc thread starter macrumors 6502

oMc

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

I can confirm this - I was actually having some issues a few weeks after. I have just updated to latest DP and seems ok!!