Strange Camera issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dino F, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

Yesterday, I was taking some photos,on my iPhone 4, of my car to sell on eBay, and later, when I was looking back at them, noticed something weird?!?

If you take a look at the photo :

[​IMG]

......you'll notice that although the front of the photo is quite sharp (especially where the Ford badge is on the grill and also around the bonnet area), if you look at the rear of the photo (where the green plant is on the right hand side and also the black guttering by the door on the left and also the rear garage window and surrounding brick work),the picture seems out of focus..?!:confused:

Especially near the guttering area (described above) - you can clearly see that it looks like the picture has a double exposure....:confused:

Before I took the photo, I tapped on the screen to focus the camera on the bonnet of the car, however, although the camera did focus on the bonnet, everything behind the car is out of focus (i.e. has this double exposure thing?!?):confused:

Can anyone shed any light on this....?

......and no comments on the car please - unless you wanna buy it!!!!:D

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

It looks like you used HDR and have slightly moved the camera between the shots.

3. nukem170 macrumors member

4. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

+1

HDR is great for taking pics of fixed objects outdoors, but you must hold it vewy, vewy still as there are three shots taken in HDR mode.

5. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

+2

This is definitely what would of caused this.

6. Merkie macrumors 68020

You mean: "This is definitely what would have caused this."

7. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68020

Dino F

....ok - so yea - I did use HDR, however, I wasn't aware that I was moving the camera - obviously, I was:rolleyes:

....I better hold it extra still next time then!!!