strange charging issue & useless apple store = blah

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vegas-steven, Mar 16, 2009.

1. vegas-steven macrumors regular

I live in the desert in las vegas.

last year I noticed that my iPod touch stopped charging in the car as soon as it became warm out (80f outdoors means much hotter in the car) and after replacing the charger all worked fine.

seems the hot/cold cycle messes up the wires in the charger and they stop working. the problem is not with the phone itself.

after I got an iPhone I bought a griffin charger (because apple changed the wiring) at the apple store.

I SPECIFICALLY ASKED the apple employee after explaining my earlier problem if there was a warrantee and he said there WAS and It was exchange through he store.

my warranty ends august 11/09 and my problem is back and I can't charge my iPhone.

called the same apple store and they tell me I must call griffen and send the charger away.

the apple stores here in vegas (there are three of them) are terrible...my first hand experience has been nothing but misinformation and frustration.

I feel like going there, buying a new one cash and putting the broken charger in the new box and returning it.

I don't know if calling a manager at AppleCare or in store would change anything.

all I know is I am frustrated.

2. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

3. vegas-steven thread starter macrumors regular

well the apple store girl let me know it's a return to them an have itbsent back to me process.

I rely on it so I need I ome now, not in 3 weeks.

4. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Try the old "Switcheroo" trick.
    (Buy good one, replace contents of good one's box with old broken one, return old one to store);)