Strange "Connect to iTunes" message..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jman800, Jun 10, 2009.

1. jman800 macrumors regular

Ive had my 2nd Gen iPod touch since last september when it was released. I have alot of apps and have enjoyed the iPod for quite awhile with no problems... Then today after it died from lack of battery life, i go and decide to charge it. When it loads up, the message "Connect to iTunes" Comes up. I turn it off and back on, same message. I was worried that it was wiped somehow.. But when i plugged it in, everything was still there. Only thing diffrent was the computer didn't recognize the iPod as what I named it, it was "iPod Touch" again. This was very strange.. has this happend to anyone else? Is this a sign of a bug or problem with my Ipod?

Any help or suggestions are welcomed...

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Just click "restore" in iTunes, and then just resync all your info from a backup.

3. Edmondk macrumors newbie

I have been having somewhat similar problems today. Whenever I connect to the app store it won't accept my password. I synced to my computer then the apps downloaded but I had to wipe and reinstall because the computer didn't recognize the touch halfway through the install. Since the the app store will accept my password but the apps still won't load directly to my touch. They say loading but nothing happens.