Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmandaB81

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2018
Hello I have a strange thing happen to my new iPhone 6 . For the last 3 days I have been having contacts show up in my phone that say things like .
1. You can't see me
2. Are you scared yet
3. Merry flipping Christmas
4. Get rid of them
Have I been hacked and what can I do to stop this ? Thank you.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Hello I have a strange thing happen to my new iPhone 6 . For the last 3 days I have been having contacts show up in my phone that say things like .
1. You can't see me
2. Are you scared yet
3. Merry flipping Christmas
4. Get rid of them
Have I been hacked and what can I do to stop this ? Thank you.

Where did you get the new iPhone 6? Is it possible someone else owned it before you?

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Where did you get the SIM card from? These contacts might come from iCloud or any other cloud services you chose to sync with.
Find out where they come from and immediately change the password for that cloud account or service. It may not be iCloud so make sure you check where they originate from.

AmandaB81

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2018
Where did you get the new iPhone 6? Is it possible someone else owned it before you?
It is brand-new I got it at fido out of the box with a new sim card.
[doublepost=1527001604][/doublepost]
Where did you get the SIM card from? These contacts might come from iCloud or any other cloud services you chose to sync with.
Find out where they come from and immediately change the password for that cloud account or service. It may not be iCloud so make sure you check where they originate from.
How do I find where they originated from ? I new with apple I have always had Andriod

mkz168

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2014
1) Change your iCloud password and it’s security question answers.

2) Remove all the other mail services that you had linked to your phone.

3) Remove all of the unwanted contacts from your list

4) Restore your phone to the factory default.

5) Set up your phone with your iCloud ID but don’t link any email services yet.

Now let the phone run for few days and see if the problem still exists. If not then you can add the email accounts one by one and see which has caused the issue.

AmandaB81

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2018
1) Change your iCloud password and it’s security question answers.

2) Remove all the other mail services that you had linked to your phone.

3) Remove all of the unwanted contacts from your list

4) Restore your phone to the factory default.

5) Set up your phone with your iCloud ID but don’t link any email services yet.

Now let the phone run for few days and see if the problem still exists. If not then you can add the email accounts one by one and see which has caused the issue.
I will do this thank you

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
It's a good idea to change all your main account passwords at this point just to cover that base, as it would seem one of them could be compromised.

If you have email accounts set up on the phone, you should be able to see which ones have their contacts synced to your device.

You may also want to check your email accounts on another computer to see if any of them have those contacts show up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.