strange Cydia app problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iVB, Feb 17, 2012.

1. iVB macrumors member

to begin, I upgraded several weeks ago to iOS5, and as I like my stuff to be in in folders I tried to download "infinifolders" app.

therefore I searched for it, pressed the upper-right corner instantly but I realized it was priced, and what was written is "purchase" not "install", which I cannot do in the first place, because I don't have a credit card neither an account in cydia.

then my phone started to crush continuously till I managed to disable that app from SBSettings. now that I wanna delete it, it won't. because it shows the blue "purchase" button and not "modify" button.

how can solve this problem? :confused::apple:

2. Dipzb90 macrumors member

have you tried in cydia going to Manage > Packages then go to app and remove?

3. iVB thread starter macrumors member

this is where I find "purchase" instead of "install" or "modify (remove or re-install)"

4. Dipzb90 macrumors member

i'm not sure if this is fully correct maybe someone else could confirm? you could use iFile to manually delete

Ok, look here to delete the .deb (if you know its name).
    And look here for the .dylib:
    I believe those locations are correct. After deleting, make sure to respring (or reboot if needed).

5. iVB thread starter macrumors member

thanks man. in the first location and found nothing about infinifolders.
    in the second one though I found two and I deleted them and then I did respring (nothing happened) and then rebooted (still nothing happened)
    and by nothing happened I mean the infinifolders package is still there in cydia with same problem! :confused: