Strange dark pixels on the corner of window bars

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by curagea, Mar 13, 2012.

1. curagea macrumors newbie

Hey all,

A couple of weeks ago, I started seeing black and purple-ish pixels on the top left corner of some windows, next to the red 'close' button. Not every application has this problem. So far the pixels appear for the little login window when coming out of the screensaver; Terminal; and Sublime Text 2. If I move the window around, the pixels stay in that corner, so I know it's not dead pixels on my laptop monitor. They also appear for every window of the affected app.

See the attached screenshots. First one is Sublime Text 2. Second is Terminal.

Anyone know what could be the problem? My computer seems fine otherwise.

Some tech specs: MBP 15", mid-2009, OSX 10.6.8

Attached Files:

2. Lobstrosity macrumors newbie

The same thing has recently started happening to me too... Although only with the log in window so far.

Did you ever find a solution? I haven't found any other discussions about this.

3. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Screenshots please?

4. Lobstrosity macrumors newbie

The command+shift+4 screenshot doesn't work in the locked screen, and I don't have another screenshot utility installed... but it looks identical to the OP's screenshot. Almost looks like crudly drawn a little face.

I'm still running Snow Leopard.

5. vilennon macrumors newbie

This is happening to me too! I have no idea what it is and can't seem to find any information about it online. I'm using a regular Macbook from 2008. So far I've seen this on Firefox and my login window. This is from Firefox: [​IMG]

6. dgo.gua macrumors newbie

Pixels on top-right corner of windows

I would like to relaunch this thread, which seems to date back to 2012 and still be without solution.

I also have strange pixels on the top-right corner of certain application windows, in particular Terminal at the moment (see attached screenshot).

I've been observing the same also for Thunderbird windows, but maybe (= not verified) the affected application(s) change upon rebooting.

Hints on what could cause this are appreciated.

Attached Files: