Strange date language

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eetu, Mar 27, 2009.

1. eetu macrumors member

After a trip and changing back and forth the time zone, my ipod touch (1G) shows a strange date language. Days are:

Mondayna, Tuesdayna, Wednesdayna, etc.

and month is Marchta.

The device's language is English, but I don't know how to fix this.

Has anybody seen this problem before?

2. eetu thread starter macrumors member

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I'm guessing here, but the location or time zone maybe?

4. jlocalled macrumors member

jlocalled

I think it may be : Settings ---> General -> International -> Region Format.

5. sjalfr macrumors newbie

sjalfr

Maybe the localized files were corrupted! Can you check if english.lproj is OK? Just a guess, though.

6. opus87 macrumors newbie

Finnish? o_O;

Looks like finnish (cos I ran the date itself on google and got a bunch of websites I couldn't read, which I then found--using a language analyzer--that the website (using those dates) was Finnish.

So maybe your date settings have to be changed? Or the country that its from has to be changed (i.e. change the country which you're using it in?) Not sure why i decided to find out what the language is~ but I did. o_O;

7. eetu thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Selecting that option again fixed it.

Yes, it was Finnish. My girlfriend told me about it. I didn't realize. For some reason, it changed only the ending of the grammatical ending of the word. Instead of adding the suffixes (-na, -ta) to the Finnish word, it added them to the English. Therefore it created a strange Finnglish. It should have been Maanantai-na, but it showed Monday-na.

Thank you all for your replies.

8. opus87 macrumors newbie

hehe I had trouble finding the Finnish word for March or Monday and matching it to what you had there. Thank goodness the only other language I use on my ipod touch is traditional chinese, so I hope there aren't any weird Chinese-english word splicing (which doesn't even make sense)