Strange DELAY! when read folders! help please!

umbilical

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
hi, I have a strange delay when read folders (finder) have a delay of 3 o 5 seconds to show the content of folders, PLEASE SEE THE VIDEO, I MAKE A SCREENSHOT ON VIDEO... http://www.sendspace.com/file/i7h7g5

BUT! yesterday I discover that if I use finder with the keyboard! the delay dissappear... everything goes fast and normal, is sooooo strange, what happend!

I have a macpro 08, with 500gb first, and 1tb second... 2gb ram, last leopard! not snow! (maybe is the problem? that I need snow?, mmm I dont think so but...)

please any solution, this problem is sooo sick to me, I hate wait for read folders, is so bad! :mad:

quantum003

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2009
Superposition
May or may not solve your current problem but 2GB of RAM in your Mac Pro strikes me as a rather small amount. Have you considered adding more?

Comment

lannister80

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2009
Chicagoland
First, I'd say that delay is more like 1.5 to 2 seconds. Still not OK, but it's not 5 seconds.

Second, is this a local hard drive or on a network share?

Third, I really doubt that RAM is the issue. Especially if using the keyboard fixes the problem.

Does it do this with ALL folders? Does it take longer if there are more files in a folder? Have you tried a different mouse? Have you tried a different folder view (instead of column view, maybe try list view?)

Comment

umbilical

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
First, I'd say that delay is more like 1.5 to 2 seconds. Still not OK, but it's not 5 seconds.

Second, is this a local hard drive or on a network share?

Third, I really doubt that RAM is the issue. Especially if using the keyboard fixes the problem.

Does it do this with ALL folders? Does it take longer if there are more files in a folder? Have you tried a different mouse? Have you tried a different folder view (instead of column view, maybe try list view?)

local hard drive... a 500gb by master... and I add a 1tb...

the problem is all folders, all views etc...

the ram! yeah I need more, I think buy 8gb for a total of 10gb... I hope that's the problem!

I try with a cable mighty mouse and same problem, so the wireless mouse is not the problem.

thanks

Comment

umbilical

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
Problem UPDATE!

Hi I still have the problem, BUT! I DISCOVER that if I navigate with just the keyword on finder everything moves perfect! why????? is soooo strange if I navigate with the mouse everything is slowwwww

any help????? pleaseeeeee I hate it work of that way, my mac pro I start to hate it!

Comment

umbilical

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
Comment

MrLatte23

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2007
Check: "Spring-loaded folders"

It might be the "Spring-loaded folders and windows" setting in Finders Preferences. You can change the delay from Short to Long.

Comment

umbilical

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
you can try to increase the double click speed of your mouse
BORIS! is the winner hahaha, I put double click on FAST, and now everything moves fast!!!!!! great but!!!!!!! now for double click I need make the double click really so fast, but wow great! I know that the hard disk is ok.

so still dont undestand the relation between double click on FAST and the speed of the hd for read files.... but well works!

thanks so much! :D

Comment

boris2007

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2010
my pleasure
ask steve what the hell the click speed of your mouse is connected with your folders appearance speed, really strange behavior.

Comment

umbilical

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
my pleasure
ask steve what the hell the click speed of your mouse is connected with your folders appearance speed, really strange behavior.
really strange... later I will buy the new mouse, I use the mighty wireless... I dont know why happend that but well I resolve my issue, really thanks

Comment