Strange Delivery Routes For My New MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacBookPro13", Mar 4, 2011.

1. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

Ordered my MacBook Pro 2011 replacement on Tuesday for delivery to Ireland (for the third time this month!) and this is the delivery route it seems to be taking..

[​IMG]

The first two times in the past 4 weeks that I had MBP's delivered from Apple they took this route.

[​IMG]

They have delivered the same thing to me two times before, why are they taking such a complicated route this time?

Should I ring them?

2. Mik3F macrumors 6502

becasue the previous MBP's shipped from the UK. This time it is coming direct from China where it was assembled

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

As teh previous poster stated the previous items came from local stock. Apple keeps a general stock for standard machines and sometimes when you order something it is either BTO or perhaps there is high demand/low stock it comes from China where it is produced.

No they have quite a considerable amount of expereince in logisitics and while it might not be as direct as you might like on mass scale this works best.

The first items took 5 days to go through the channels, it seems like the one will take a similar amount of time.

4. jlc1978 macrumors 68000

jlc1978

Nothing odd - shipped from China, went to Korea, Khazakhstan to Germany. Simply a matter of how to best use the space on aircraft. Once the actual package got to Germany it cleared customs and was sent on.

5. MacBookPro13" thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

6. m85476585 macrumors 65816

It never got to Germany yet. They just processed the data in Germany, in anticipation of it arriving there. When it says "arrival scan, Germany" then you know it's there.