Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBookPro13"

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
Ireland
Ordered my MacBook Pro 2011 replacement on Tuesday for delivery to Ireland (for the third time this month!) and this is the delivery route it seems to be taking..

675wdg.png

The first two times in the past 4 weeks that I had MBP's delivered from Apple they took this route.

24x19v4.png

They have delivered the same thing to me two times before, why are they taking such a complicated route this time?

Should I ring them?

Mik3F

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2011
becasue the previous MBP's shipped from the UK. This time it is coming direct from China where it was assembled

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
MacBookPro13";12055165 said:
They have delivered the same thing to me two times before, why are they taking such a complicated route this time?

As teh previous poster stated the previous items came from local stock. Apple keeps a general stock for standard machines and sometimes when you order something it is either BTO or perhaps there is high demand/low stock it comes from China where it is produced.

Should I ring them?

No they have quite a considerable amount of expereince in logisitics and while it might not be as direct as you might like on mass scale this works best.

The first items took 5 days to go through the channels, it seems like the one will take a similar amount of time.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
Ordered my MacBook Pro 2011 replacement on Tuesday for delivery to Ireland (for the third time this month!) and this is the delivery route it seems to be taking..

675wdg.png

Should I ring them?

Nothing odd - shipped from China, went to Korea, Khazakhstan to Germany. Simply a matter of how to best use the space on aircraft. Once the actual package got to Germany it cleared customs and was sent on.

m85476585

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
It never got to Germany yet. They just processed the data in Germany, in anticipation of it arriving there. When it says "arrival scan, Germany" then you know it's there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.